Friday, September 25, 2009

Lunch anyone?

I have discovered a negative side effect of having a European schedule (at least a European dining schedule) ingrained in my system. That is when all of my co-workers are at lunch, I'm still working. Not normally a problem, of course, I take my lunch at 2, this is not a complaint, but sometimes it is an inconvenience. My brain simply works differently. I'm doing my work and think of things I need to go downstairs for, so I go, not even thinking of the time, and they aren't there. They're at lunch.

Today this is particularly inconvenient because once they get back from lunch I'm supposed to be on phones, but I didn't think to get the business CC from my boss before she left for lunch and so I haven't had a chance to run an errand I need to run before I leave on vacation! Sigh. Alas, there's the rub. But it will all work out; meanwhile I ate lunch, so now I'm going to be hungry at 3:30!! There's simply no winning, I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't lived in Europe for almost four years now and my system is still on European digestive time...

    When I can drive we shall have a European lunch on a European lunch schedule :)

    ReplyDelete