Monday, September 14, 2009

The age of digital laziness

I am lazy when I read clocks. I never remember what the time actually said when I looked! I have devised that this is due to the lack of effort that must go into my comprehending the time when I look at a few bright numbers that, once in my head can become anything, the number of bananas I've eaten in my lifetime, the number of times I say "it occurred to me" on any given day, etc., as opposed to working out the time from a traditional analog clock, something that works both the left and right sides of my brain. I'm not merely looking at numbers, but at the hands pointing at those numbers, which hand is pointing at which number, etc. I actually haven't tested this theory, I just know that when I look at a digital clock, I won't really be able to tell you the time until I look again, and then it's probably changed!

1 comment:

  1. And I thought I was the only one with this problem :)

    Shall we move to Africa and send the idea of time to the rubbish bin??

    ReplyDelete