Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Keyboard shortcuts

My very dear boyfriend taught me sometime ago a simple trick I thought I would never use. Instead of typing in an entire web address, you can just type in the primary word, for example "blogger" and then hit ctrl-enter and viola! www.blogger.com is instantly entered and away you go! Well, yesterday I was attempting to do this (I use it all the time now), and I accidentally hit the shift key instead of control (sometimes I type a little too fast). Suddenly I was searching for istockphoto.net not istockphoto.com! Ooh, I thought, what if I could find a shortcut for .org as well....

Ladies and gentlemen I never knew it was possible, but yes, you can hit control-shift-enter and viola! any .org address is complete. I was so excited, I simply had to share it with both of you!

I can hardly wait to get home and see if the same is possible on my Mac!

2 comments:

  1. Or you could just use firefox, type blogger into the url spot, and voila! it does it for you without the extra ctrl+shift stuff.

    I'm just saying ...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! I didn't know that! Of course it doesn't always work...I just tested it quite a bit, but that is pretty slick! I DO use Firefox and I always love learning new things :o)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete