Friday, October 26, 2007

Vacation

Vacation (noun) 1. a period of suspension of work, study, or other activity, usually used for rest, recreation, or travel; recess or holiday.

I am officially on vacation. Meaning I have no work to do until Monday, November 5th. I must confess I have felt the need for this week more and more as the date has come nearer.

I am going to Virginia. I am going to tour D.C. like never before. I am going to drive to North Carolina and back again - just to see my great aunt and uncle. I am going to see battlefields and museums, monuments and skylines. I am going to drive around D.C. and get lost, drive through VA wondering where the highway signs are, sit on my aunt's porch and breathe deeply.

But there is one thing that sets this vacation apart and that's the company.

So fare us well and look forward to pictures - I'm sure there will be a few :) - I'll "see" you all when I'm back from vacation.


"vacation." Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Random House, Inc. 26 Oct. 2007. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vacation>.

2 comments:

  1. If ever there was a more deserving one in need of vacation, it is you. Praying that all is going well.
    "See" you Saturday.
    Love U,
    MoM~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back!... (and I'm sorry that you had to come back?)and I'm glad that you had a good time. see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete