Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Good Morning

Concerned that the radio station I listen to when I wake up may have been contributing in some small way to the attitudinal problems I have been having, I decided to switch it this weekend to KVOD, the Classical station. I think, perhaps, I have chosen poorly. Waking up to soothing music seems to contribute to going back to sleep. Granted, I've never been good at getting up on time; I make a lot of excuses and sleep until the radio turns off, one hour after it comes on. Perhaps I should have gone to bed at 10:15 when I first had the notion, instead of climbing into bed and reading Emma until 11:30 (but I finished it, so that's something, isn't it?)

Perhaps I should petition to have only Tchaikovsky played in the mornings between 6 and 6:30 - that would get me up!

4 comments:

  1. I think you need to get a CD player alarm clock. There are two bonuses with that: 1. you get to pick your music and 2. no chance of waking up to annoying commercials or DJs (and though I've heard some people say those things are what get them out of bed, in my own experience they serve only to increase the rapidity with which I turn OFF the alarm and go back to sleep).

    Good luck. Personally, I'm not sure you and I will ever succeed in this area, but I wish you good luck nonetheless. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the radio station K-LUV? Because man, that would *definitely* contribute to a bad attitude on my part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No it was 100.3, the Jane and Dom show. I really like them, but I just thought I'd change the subtle influences of my morning. But I agree with you - I never listen to K-LUV in the a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, you are right - Paul got me an iHome for my b'day and I plug my iPod in and woke up to Starfield yesterday - that was awesome. Although you're also right that I may never succeed (in the long run), because it didn't work the first time (I just fell back asleep) and it only worked this morning because I talked myself out of going back to bed - a feat in itself!

    At least I know I'm not alone :o)

    ReplyDelete