Monday, December 31, 2007

Leaving yesterday behind...

December 31, 2007.

2007 slowly expires.

This has been a tremendous year. I've learned a few things. For instance, when you cut 10 inches of your hair off, people like to watch. Or when you are in Nigeria you really shouldn't sit in the front seat of the van. I realized, too that rock climbing is as fun as I thought, but oh so challenging! Apparently I am an annoying driver, and I'm not cut out to be a lawyer (although I don't think those two things are connected...). Virginia and North Carolina are beautiful in the fall - so much more so when you have good company. It doesn't matter how prepared you think you are for things in life, you still aren't. It's hot in Africa, and it's cold in the mountains in December. And nothing aside from the Word and presence of God Almighty is more important than fresh air and sunshine.

Happy New Year!

I have decided to go electronic with my letter this year...otherwise you wouldn't see it until Valentine's Day. If you'd like to read it and see some pictures, please do. You'll find it published here. God bless you all richly in this brand new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment