Sunday, October 31, 2010

Restaurant Row

I have issues with food. It's true. I have certain things I can't eat and certain things I won't eat and certain things I "absolutely have to have." There are times all I want to do is eat "like everyone else," especially when there's a gathering of people and it's just easier to order pizza or grab sandwiches. For me to eat costs extra and takes extra effort. Most of the time I don't mind. Other times it's all I can do to keep from flipping out and eating everything I'm not supposed to.

Thursday I was having a bad food day. Then I had a thought. I am blessed to have these food issues. Why? Because it shows I have a choice about what I eat. Most people don't have that luxury. If I can't eat something at one restaurant, I have fifty others to choose from.

I have to be thankful for my food issues because they remind me of the blessings I have living in America. It's amazing that we live in a nation where deciding what to eat takes half an hour because we have so much to choose from. Humbling. Kind of disgusting. Gives me something to chew on the next time I slam the refrigerator door shut and mutter, "there's nothing to eat."

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I miss the choice!!! Can't wait to be home and have to decide!! Here it is food court :(, MCD's Pizza Hut, Kebob or Poland restaurant which is good, but takes a long time, so if you have a short time to eat, you grab a roll at one of the roll stands.

    ReplyDelete