- You see a page of labels and immediately wonder what their Avery # is.
- You get really excited about pads of blank paper.
- You eat your lunch in double-time, usually at your desk.
- You sing because you found extra little plastic tabbies for hanging file folders.
- You go super-nova because someone moved your pen.
- You get super-excited about a database that can track not only attendance and birthdays but who is going on which retreat and how much they owe you.
- You are as sweet as can be on the phone but curse like a sailor at the copier machine.
- You have some form of edible substance (food, drink, or candy) in your desk drawer, on your desk, or somewhere close by.
- You have a really big calendar covered in to-dos.
- You get served breakfast one Wednesday in April just for showing up to work every day and doing what they tell you to.
Addition: from my friend Christy:
"You know you're a secretary when you are more protective of your masking tape and scissors than your best friend."