Friday, March 7, 2008

near tears

My computer is finding it humorous to wipe my Word docs of all the formatting I am so carefully applying. I'm going through some key documents and printing them to pdfs, but before I can do this I must first make sure they are looking as they must look. I got through a document and instead of printing it immediately did something else and when I got back to the doc I found it free of all formatting. ::SOB::

As frustrated as I am, my heart is heavy for more important reasons. There is something in the air today that keeps reminding me of Nigeria, and I know I cannot go back this year.

It has been a year since we got back. I can't help but wish I was returning. I remind myself that I chose not to go this year because when the time came to say yea or nay I knew it wasn't a good idea for me to go. But then I have to wonder why - was my attitude simply off that night and I made the easy decision? Or was I truly not meant to go? It was an easy call at the time.

Now it feels like death to know that I won't be going back.

1 comment:

  1. Funny (or not). I was just reading the WOTH blog wishing I had gone to Croatia, but knowing it was not possible. Just reading about their experiences and remembering what it is like makes me want to be there too. Plus I just love to meet and love on missionary women and the retreats are such a great place to do that.

    Praying that God will encourage your heart,

    Kari

    PS - I hate Word too! It's latest thing for me is to pick 5-10 random words from my doc and change them to some style which doesn't even exist anywhere else and I didn't create for this template. Word just needs to stop trying to help and let us tell it what to do!

    ReplyDelete