Thursday, March 1, 2012

"the LORD made it succeed"

On the 19th of February, near the end of a particularly difficult time for me emotionally, I read the story of Joseph's time in prison. Genesis 39:21-23 stood out to me:

"But the LORD was with Joseph and showed him steadfast love and gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison. And the keeper of the prison put Joseph in charge of all the prisoners who were in the prison. Whatever was done there, he was the one who did it. The keeper of the prison paid no attention to anything that was in Joseph's charge, because the LORD was with him. And whatever he did, the LORD made it succeed."

It amazes me how God continually turned Joseph's horrible situations around for good, not only in his own life, as character and faith building, but in other's lives as well. We can never fully know what God is up to. He has everything masterfully written.

Father I am not in prison, as Joseph was, but the two years he spent there between interpreting dreams makes me think of the next two years and what they hold for my family. I can't do this without Your strength. Only with You working in me and through me will I be able to be the wife, mother, secretary, daughter, sister, aunt and friend that I need to be. I want to change, but I am stubborn. As Joseph grew in his trust in You and in favor with those around him, grow my trust, Lord. Use these two years, and indeed every year, to shape me into the woman You have designed me to be. Be with me, Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment